- This voucher is a new, pilot program beginning with a trial roll out in March 2019.
- A San Diego County program providing respite for caregivers of those with Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias (ADRD).
- The voucher is intended as a subsidy so that the County contributes 50% to respite expenses and the cost to voucher recipients in 2019 is as follows:
Home care, per hour: $13.50
Adult day program, per full day: $54.00
Assisted living, per night: $123.50
- To qualify, a patient must have some type of Alzheimer’s Disease or Related Dementia (where most cognitive impairment qualifies) and the primary caregiver must demonstrate some level of stress related to the situation
- After a screening by Coast Care Partners, recipients will receive one service under one of the following Silver, Gold or Crisis levels:
Silver, where recipient pays apx. $234 per month
Home care: 4 hours of care weekly;
Adult day program: 1 day of care weekly; OR
Assisted living: 1 week of care, every 4 months
Gold, where recipient pays apx. $468 per month
Home care: 8 hours of care weekly;
Adult day program: 2 days of care weekly; OR
Assisted living: 1 week of care, every 2 months
Crisis, where recipient pays apx $988, one-time
Home Care: 3 days of care (72 hours); OR
Assisted living: 8 days of care
Silver and Gold vouchers can be used for six consecutive months. Crisis voucher is for a one-time use. After selected, type of service may not be changed. Home care is provided with a minimum shift length of 4 hours.
- How to obtain a voucher
- To maintain program quality, distribution is occurring in a limited manner.
- In the initial pilot phase, vouchers are being distributed to some hospitals in the Sharp, UCSD, Scripps, Kaiser, and Tri-City systems, as well as other skilled nursing facilities and hospices.
- If you have received a voucher from a healthcare provider, please have your voucher in hand with the serial number and call (888) 667-9237.
- A lottery system for receiving vouchers is also being designed.
- For updates, check back at this page in the coming weeks or email to RespiteWell@CoastCarePartners.com.